On vacation, the ability to find the perfect trinkets, gifts, and souvenirs is an art and a skill. First, you have to know where to find the best local shops to ensure that your purchase is unique and representative of your vacation destination. Then, you have to spend time browsing and sifting through stores until you deem something special enough to commemorate your trip. Luckily, here at Captain Jefferd’s Inn, we are here to help you navigate the local shopping scene—so read on to discover where to find the best shops in Kennebunkport, Maine.
Streets with The Most Shops in Kennebunkport, Maine
Between Dock Square and Western Avenue alone, our town has dozens of shops that you could spend hours perusing. Whether you’re looking for another mug to add to your collection, or a souvenir for your dog, searching for unique gifts is one of the most fun things to do in Kennebunkport. Here are a few samples of the most popular shops from the most popular local areas for shopping in Kennebunkport, Maine.
Dock Square is a street that straddles the Kennebunk River, and Western Avenue is an extension of Dock Square Street, heading west. Their location adjacent to each other creates maximum walkability for a relaxed and fun afternoon of shopping.
Dock Square in Kennebunkport
- Saxony Imports is the go-to place to get Maine-themed apparel. Show off your trip by wearing a Maine crewneck home, or pick up a few George H.W. Bush inspired items to remind you of Walker’s Point.
- With the motto “Where Summer Never Ends,” browse seashell and ocean-inspired gifts at Beach Grass. If you love a good pun, pick up a sign that features the quippy quote “Seas the Day,” and pair it with a mermaid wall hanging for a golden find.
- Founders of the Daytrip Society meant to inspire its visitors to travel and seek adventure – just like a day trip does. Find postcards, games to play on a road trip, picnic baskets, and more locally-inspired items. You’re sure to find something to entertain you in one of the biggest retail shops in Kennebunkport, Maine.
- Looking for something that you can build or play with your family? Make It KPT sells locally made games, crafts, puzzles, and kits. Don’t settle for your typical Scrabble or license plate games in the car anymore. Opt for something that gives you the ingredients to make donuts out of felt, or a DIY solar system.
- For jewelry, special kitchen tools, and more, visit Best of Everything in Kennebunkport. Make sure to take a peek at the cutesy seasonal things like Halloween trinket dishes or decorative seashells for any surface in the house.
After you have hit all of the shops in Kennebunkport, Maine on Western Avenue and Dock Square, make the quick seven-minute walk back to your Kennebunkport lodging at Captain Jefferd’s Inn. If your legs aren’t too tired, make your last stops at a few shops like The Good Earth or Digs, Divots, & Dogs on Ocean Avenue, natural stops on your path home. Or, close out your day by selecting a restaurant off of our local dining guide and return to your room with a full stomach and hands full with your finds of the day. For more information about our Kennebunkport lodging, call us at 207-967-2311 or visit us on our website.